Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Spring Cleaning Pest Control Tips
Though we are pretty lucky here in Memphis when it comes to harsh winters, our moderate winter climate does have its downfalls, mostly because it doesn’t get cold enough to force all of the pests to go away. This means our pests will come back sooner and stronger than in color climates. Springtime in Memphis brings with it a resurgence of ants, wasps, mosquitos, spiders, termites, and mice. As you get ready to kiss winter goodbye and get your spring cleaning to-do list in order, we wanted to provide you with a list of tips that can help keep pests at bay.
Spring Cleaning to Get Rid of Insect Attractants
Spring cleaning can address a number of the reasons pests creep into your home, including:
- Removing clutter eliminates harborage options and hiding places for a long list of potential pests.
- Removing items from your yard that hold water will decrease the amount of moisture that pests love and make it harder for mosquitoes to breed in your yard.
- Trimming your grass and raking up leaves and debris will also help reduce moisture and get rid of areas that pests hang out.
- Getting rid of spider webs will prevent hundreds of spiderlings from hatching near your house.
- Cleaning your gutters allows rainwater to flow down and away from your house—preventing the dampness that pests seek. This will also help prevent wood rot that attracts wood-destroying pests.
Spring Cleaning Repairs
There are a number of spring repairs you can do that will also make your home and yard less desirable to pests, including sealing gaps, cracks, and holes. We recommend using a caulking gun to seal holes of all sizes and all locations.
Spring Cleaning Inspection
When you get into your yard to do spring improvements and cleaning, you will likely notice areas that are conducive to pests or areas that are harboring pests that you otherwise may not have noticed. A thorough spring inspection is an important first step for getting control of pests for the year.
When pests creep into your house and find it spick and span, they won’t feel the same warm welcome that a musty, dirty home with food crumbs everywhere gives them. Deep cleaning is a good way to remove the organic material that pests feed on.
When the Spring Cleaning is Done
Once you’ve done all you can, reach out to the experts at Foundation Pest Control. It can make a big difference when you have a knowledgeable specialist conduct a routine inspection to find any areas you may have missed. Spring is the perfect season to begin perimeter pest control, termite protection, and even the reduction of insects that bite, like mosquitoes.
Pest Control During Spring…Summer, Fall & Winter
For all of your pest control needs, count on Foundation Pest Control. We have more than 20 years of experience servicing clients in the greater Memphis area. We are family-owned and operated and so confident in our services that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. With our professional exterminator and pest control services, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your family and home are protected.
Contact us today to find out more. We look forward to serving you and your household!