Garden Spider Fun Facts:
- Sometimes the female will hide under her web and wait for her prey.
- They have poor eyesight and use the vibration of their web when prey hits it.
- Garden Spiders spin a new web each morning.
What do they look like?
- They are very distinct with yellow and black markings on their abdomens and the rest of their body is white.
- Long, spindly black legs
- Females range from ¾” to and inch long while males are much smaller.
What kind of colony do they create?
How do you know if you have an infestation?
Most likely, you will not have an infestation because they don’t form colonies. They are harmless to humans other than a slight sting if bitten. They are not aggressive but will bite if grabbed. If you are unsure contact us to come and take a look.
Share this Post