Bed Bug Treatment
Memphis Bed Bug Treatment: Your Trusted Partner
You’ve heard the phrase “Goodnight, sleep tight, and don’t let the bedbugs bite”. This is a cute thing to say to kids before bed but unfortunately, they WILL bite. Bedbugs are not easily dealt with but are pretty easy to spot. They leave behind skin shells, rust colored spots from excrement and eggs shells. Bedbugs bite and leave itchy red spots. When you’ve determined you have a bedbug infestation, you must act fast to rid your home of them.
At Foundation Pest Control, we are here to help you with your Memphis bed bug treatment and control needs. If you are concerned about a potential bedbug infestation, call us today!
Helpful Hints For Treating Bed Bugs
- You’ll want to use a stiff brush and scrub your mattress and then vacuum it completely. Vacuum your bedroom and mattress often. Place the vacuum bag in a trash bag and throw it away immediately. This will keep the bedbugs from infesting your vacuum cleaner.
- Once you’ve vacuumed your mattress and box springs, place them in a plastic, zippered cover for at least a year. Bedbugs can live without food for up to a year. You may need a new mattress if yours has become infested.
- Make sure you don’t give them anywhere to populate. Declutter your room and from around your bed. Bedbugs love clutter, so don’t help them out by leaving unnecessary items in your home.
- Wash your bedding, curtains, bed skirt and clothing you’ve worn to bed. Place any items that can’t be washed in the dryer for 30 minutes and “dry” on high.
- Look for and repair cracks in your walls and wallpaper as bedbugs like to live in dark undisturbed areas such as these.
Need an exterminator to rid your home of bed bugs? Contact Foundation Pest Control today for your bed bug treatment estimate.